Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Ladykin Vanpir Dark Repair Cream Review

I'm susceptible to hype. So when I saw this baby gaining traction, I knew I had to try it. Ladykin Vanpir Dark Repair Cream is a nice and thick moisturizer packed into a cute jar. It's shiny and black, with little fangs drawn right onto the packaging. Why is it called Vanpir Dark? I think they're playing off the fact this line of products uses...DRAGON'S BLOOD!


Now, before you're imagine yourself as a relic of the Targaryens, unlike many Korean beauty products, no animal byproducts are used in this cream. So don't worry little Komodo Dragons, you're safe! However, let's get a bit sciencey in this post.
"Whew!" 

Dragon's blood is actually a resin that is bright red and comes from a plant, in this case Croton Lechleri. It comes from South America.
A little read on the subject on Wikipedia tells me that this resin was used by local people as a liquid bandage for wounds and may have antioxidant and mutagenic properties. So it seems that the repair claim might have something to back it up! 

However, I'm interested in practical results. Let's see how it checks out. 
Size: 50 mL


Packaging: Nice and sturdy. Heavy plastic, looks fancy! Has little fangs on the front. 




Texture: This is a nice, thick cream. It reminds me of icing or frosting. Very substantial. 




Scent: This is fragranced. It smells like a perfume. Very floral. If you're sensitive to smells, you might want to avoid. 

I use this as my moisturizing cream, so it is my second to last step (before my sleeping pack). I take a little scoop and rub it all over my face. It absorbs quickly. 


I don't find this particularly greasy. It provides ample moisture and really leaves my face soft when I wake up the next morning. 


I prefer this to Benton High Content Steam Cream as it feels like it absorbs into my skin better while still leaving lots of moisture. It hasn't caused me any breakouts and I feel as though it is contributing to warding off any breakouts and shortening their duration. 
I purchased this from YesStyle, which appears to be the cheapest vendor for the United States.








No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!