Saturday, September 20, 2014

Mizon AHA 8% Peeling Serum Review

The Mizon AHA 8% Peeling Serum is not used as "traditional" serums in the Korean skincare routine. Rather, it is used as an "active treatment." Being an AHA, it means that it is able to exfoliate your skin chemically, as opposed to physically. Paula's Choice does a much better job as explaining the nature and uses of AHAs, so I won't go into it. Needless to say, they exfoliate without the abrasiveness of physical exfoliators.
It seems exfoliators, especially chemical exfoliators, are less popular in the Asian skincare market than the American one. However, companies such as Mizon and Cosrx provide a few options. One of the strongest options is the AHA 8% Peeling Serum. 
"Mizon AHA 8% Peeling Serum is a highly concentrated formula packed with stabilized alpha hydroxy acid and nutrient-rich plant extracts like aloe vera, papaya and arnica. Used once daily, it revitalizes skin by gently exfoliating dull skin for a glowing complexion. Perfect for smoothing and brightening skin and lightening scars and trouble areas."
Size: 40 mL

Price: ~$12 

Scent: A slight chemically smell. 

Texture: Liquid. 

Aqua, glycolic acid, potassium hydroxide, butylene glycol, propylene glycol, sodium lactate, hydroxyethylcellulose, sodium hyaluronate, peg-60 hydrogenated castor oil, panthenol, allantoin, aloe barbadensis leaf extract, portulaca oleracea extract, carica papaya (papaya) fruit extract, arnica montana flower extract, artemisia absinthium extract, achillea millefolium extract, gentiana lutea root extract, alcohol, polyquaternium-10, disodium edta, methylparaben, propylparaben, fragrance



After cleansing, I apply my "actives." I apply Vitamin C first, BHA second and AHA third. I typically wait about ten minutes between each product. I avoid my eye area. 
I have to say I really like the packaging of this product. The little pipette thing is pretty cool compared to your typical eyedropper. 

My skin has not been able to work up to using this everyday. It is a bit too strong for that, but I also use BHA and Vitamin C, so I'm not too concerned. If I use it too frequently, it does cause me to flake pretty badly, especially on my forehead. I used this ever other three days or so, and found it to help keep my skin looking bright and less congested.

This is kind of gross, but my dad used this on a skin tag he had and it was able to dry it up and help it to go away. I am using it on my own little skin tags on my neck and hoping it works on them! 

I have since moved on to the AHA from COSRX, which I prefer due to its size and price point. I would recommend this to someone who's skin is rather resilient, or someone who is looking to sample an Asian AHA. If you are used to stronger formulas, this might not be enough for you. 
I purchased this item from RoseRoseShop


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!