Saturday, June 20, 2015

Annie's Way Arbutin + Hyaluronic Acid Brighting Jelly Mask Review


"Revitalizing jelly masks treat skin to continuous moisture combined with a whitening effect to minimize dark spots and even out skin tone for a fair and translucent complexion."
Size: 250 mL 
Price: $18-$20
Texture: Jelly, like the kind on a sandwich. 
Scent: Clean aquatic. Very light. 


Distilled Water, Carbopol, Hyaluronic Acid, Butylene Glycol, Arbutin Extract, Vitamin EC, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Dipotassium Gylcyrrhizinate, D-panthenol, Methylisothazolinone, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate
First, wash your face and apply toner. Then apply to your face using the spatula (most sellers include the spatula with your purchase!) Make it around a 1/2 cm thick, or else it will dry out too quickly. Let the mask sit on your skin for 30 minutes (15 minutes if you have sensitive skin). Then, remove the mask using the spatula. Scrape the spatula across your skin. I like to do it towards the center of my face. You do have to apply some pressure when you scrape, but don't hurt yourself. This gets out the gunk in your pores. Clean off any remaining gel with water, and continue with your routine. 

As far as cleaning your pores, this stuff is great. When you scrape the gel off, you can see the gunk you got off on the spatula. It is kind of like when you use pore strips and can see the gunk. Very rewarding, haha. It helps clean my pores and I don't find it painful or damaging. 

My skin feels refreshed and moisturized after using this mask. This is the only Annie's Way Mask I have tried, so I don't know if the different flavors impart different benefits, or if all of them are as moisturizing as the Arbutin + Hyaluronic Acid version. I feel all of them are probably effective in clearing the gunk out. I don't use this twice a week as recommended because I would go through the jar too quickly and it is too expensive for that. However, I have almost finished my jar and will be purchasing another Annie's Way mask!

I bought mine from Yesstyle. However, it is also on Amazon Prime for not much of a markup! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!