Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Skinfood Honey Black Tea Cleansing Oil Review



"This non-sticky, soft cleansing oil contains honey and tea extracts to provide deep moisturization and excellent exfoliation, leaving skin lustrous and refreshed."
Size: 170 mL
Price: ~$12
Scent: Very strong, perfumed honey smell. I don't mind the smell, but if you are sensitive to scents, avoid this. 
Texture: Light oil. 
I apply this to my dry skin. If I am using it as a makeup remover, I rub it all over my face, including my eyes and rinse off immediately. If I am using it to draw out impurities, I massage it into my face, let it sit on my skin for a few minutes, massage again, then I rinse. 
Mineral Oil, Octyldocenaol, Sorbeth-30, Tetraoleate, Cetyl Ethylhexnoate, Trriethylhexanoin, Polysorbate 85, PEG-5 Gylceryl Isosterate, PEG-8 Glyceryl Isostearate, PEG-20 Gylceryl Isostearate, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Honey Extract, Camellia Sinesnsis Leaf Extract, BHT, Butylparaben, Parfum 
I have previously tried two oil cleansers. The first one, was a Western offering from Eclos Skincare, which used Olive Oil as the main oil. The other product was The Face Shop Rice Water Bright Cleansing Oil, which uses Rice Bran Oil. When I compare all three of these oils, I prefer the mineral oil based Skinfood product. 

I find this oil effectively removes makeup. The other cleansing oils stun very badly if they got into my eye and also made my vision cloudy for a few minutes. I never had that problem with this oil. 

I also find it effectively removes oil from my sebaceous filaments, especially if I leave it on my skin for a few minutes before I rinse it off. 

This oil rinses off well for me. I typically double cleanse, so if you plan on using this as your only cleanser, you might find it leaves a residue. I have not noticed any residue, but as I said, I usually double cleanse. 

The cons of this product are the smell and the bottle. The bottle does not have a pump so you have to pour the product out. That is fine if you're in the shower, but can get messy. Additionally, it leaks very easily when I'm traveling, which is very annoying. 

The smell is that heavily perfumed honey smell that is very cloying and verging on rancid. The smell is strong when you apply it, but I don't find it that terrible and it did grow on me. However, if you are sensitive to smells, do not buy this product. 

I don't plan on repurchasing this product as I have Skinfood Black Sugar Cleansing Oil waiting in the wings. 

I purchased mine from RoseRoseShop. Here it is available on Amazon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!